Brush History = Brushtory

    As I might have mentioned somewhere, I've never owned a decent set of brushes.

    For long I've used only foam applicators but then I fell in love with a brush that came with a brandless "beautyset".
    I still have it, it looks like this:
    Photobucket
    I used that for YEARS.

    Then I ordered Manly 120 color palette with brushes. I thought the brushes were great. There were 5 that I used frequently, and they look like this:
    Photobucket
    I actually still like them, though they are not so great anymore, now that I've used the Sigma brushes.*g*

    So, I really don't know practically ANYTHING about brushes.
    I've always had a great plan to buy brushes for myself, but since I don't know what I should buy and in Finland there really aren't full sets of brushes, I've never bought them.

    Then I found this forum called Makeup Geek and their weekly challenges. First two challenges were just for fun, but then came the eyeliner challenge, which had these Sigma brushes as a prize. I did a couple of looks, tried my best and hoped for the best. There were so many amazing entries that I really didn't believe I could win, but I did!

    So, I now have a full set of professional brushes, and most of them I love.

    So, this is what I got:




    The brushes came in a brushroll, that was packed in nice organza bag. There are little instructions (thank God :D:D) of what brush is supposed to use and where. There was also this little Buffer Brush (Kabuki).


    This is how the inside of the roll looked like.

    So what are all the brushes then?


    Eyebrushes

    SS275: This is amazing for applying highlights:
    Photobucket

    SS266: This I haven't tried yet, since I'm using my eyebrow palettes own browbrush:
    Photobucket
    EDIT: This is GREAT for applying color as a eyeliner for ie. your upper lashline! I love it *g*

    SS252: This is great with loose eyeshadows and pigments. It's quite large, but still accurate:
    Photobucket

    SS239: I think this is quite the same as the SS252, this works great with loose eyeshadows and pigments, though this isn't maybe as accurate as the SS252:
    Photobucket

    SS224: Amazing for blending. Just absolute killer. I think I could blend anything with this *g* :
    Photobucket

    SS219: This is amazing one too, I love how accurate it is. I can make really thin lines with this, and applying color to my crease has never been this simple. Also great for lining my lower lashline:
    Photobucket

    SS209: This is another one I still haven't tried:
    Photobucket
    EDIT: This is a great one for lining too. Sharp and accurate, though I like SS266 better for lining.


    Facebrushes

    I can't actually say much about these, since I really haven't used these.

    I've applied my face makeup by fingers and sponges for the last ten years, so I'm not quite sure how to use most of these.

    SS194: This is a concealer brush. I tried this one too, but I like my fingertips more :3 :
    Photobucket

    SS190: Foundation brush. I tried this once, but I guess I just didn't use it properly. I still apply my foundation by fingers :3 :
    Photobucket

    SS188: I guess this is the same as SS187, only smaller. Haven't tried:
    Photobucket

    SS187: Another foundation brush that I haven't tried:
    Photobucket

    SS182:Buffer Brush (Kabuki), haven't used this one either:
    Photobucket

    SS168: Contour brush. This one I really love. I can contour my face so easily!
    Photobucket

    SS150: Powder Brush. I've tried this a couple of times, and I like the finish it leaves. I still like the powdersponge more :P :
    Photobucket

    I guess this was a quite shitty review :D:D

Total Pageviews