Is it a Crime? Or Lime? Or maybe a Swine?

    Hello!

    My blog sale was a huge success, thank you all! There's still one stargazer glitter and 2 stargazer star glitters left, and one lonely Gosh eyeshadow duo Silver/Gray!

    But anyway, off to the makeup!

    So today I wanted to make something quite plain, but still a bit dramatic, so I ended up doing kinda brown, glittery smokey with UD BoS vol II:




    (Yes. yes, YEESS I over-liner my lips royally! *g*)



    UDPP
    UD Twice Baked
    UD YDK
    UD Midnight Cowboy Rides Again
    UD Half Baked
    UD Sellout
    UD Perversion
    UD 24/7 pencil Bourbon
    UD 24/7 pencilZero
    Masterpiece brown mascara
    Lips:
    Lancome Color Fever Beige Caracaï
    +
    MAC Creme d' Nude


    Yesterday mailman brought me this:

    Yes, it's a (quite cute!) package from Lime Crime.

    I was contacted by them, and they asked if I wanted to try out their products.
    To be honest, I've always wanted to try their lipsticks, and this was a perfect opportunity to try them out.

    So I asked Doe Deere to pick her favourite lipsticks for me, and she send me two lippies:



    Styletto, which is deep black, and No She Didn't which is light blue:



    I know all the gossip and drama around Lime Crime, and I'm not gonna say anything about that. 
    My opinion in this case is based only on the products I received.

    First of all, I think their shipping box is cute.Usually cosmetics come in basic envelopes or cardboard boxes, but Lime Crime has their own box that fits their imago with übercuteness, cupcakes and unicorns.
    Sure the box is maybe a bit big for two lipsticks but honestly (I know I'm a bad person) I really don't care. :3

    So the lipstick boxes are also unique, as well as the lipstick tubes.
    Tubes are a bit bigger than MAC's tubes and I have to admit that they remind me a bit of a vibrator :3)
    I can understand why some people think they are childish, but it doesn't really bother me. It's the inside of the tube that matters :D

    So what's inside then?

    Lipstick. 

    There isn't a monster or rainbow or unicorn, it's  a lipstick. It's not the ultimate evil or ceiling cat.

    What I'm saying here is that personally I think it's a good lipstick. Sure the color choices are a bit problematic, both stain especially on the dry parts of the lips, but I don't see that as a problem, since I can always use makeup remover to take it off. 
    I also want to note that I wouldn't go out of the door with these, so I don't know how well they stay during the day.

    All I know is that they work bloody well for the looks I make. 

    They are really opaque, maybe you need more than one swipe, but what lipstick doesn't?

    It's not my job to tell people wheather buy or not to buy from Lime Crime, this was just my opinion of their lipsticks :)

    Here's my swatches:

    No She Didn't


    Styletto:

    Then I put my Styletto in to a test.

    I don't know what this was supposed to be, but here it is:
    (never mind the heavy manipulation, for some reason I looked awfully bloated in the original :S)



    Made with Grimas white, Kat von D Lucifer and MAC Blacktrack.

    I guess that's all this time!

Total Pageviews