Tutorial: Royal Sugar Skull

    It's here, it's done!

    Personally, I think this might be the best mask/makeup I have ever done, I L-O-V-E how it came out.
    It's such a shame I did it quite late at night, so the lighting wasn't the best, and pics didn't turn out as stunning as they could have, but you can't always win :P





    Start with the white / light base. I know I should've done it much whiter myself, but of well:
    Still sick, that's why the tired look
     Then I made line from the corner of my mouth almost to ear (I used basic black pencil):

    Then some more depth to cheeks, I used MUFE flash colors black, and some blue and turquoise:

    Continue the shading, find your own bone structure, and apply more dark to it:

    Then the nose. There lots of different ways to do the "skull nose" (or noseless)I chose this one. I used again MUFE black flash color, which I then finished with matte black eyeshadow to make it appear deeper and less shiny:

    Then eyes. Again, find where your bone are, go with them. I wanted to make them also bigger, so I extended the color higher. I used MAC greasepaint stick Slick Black, because I didn't want it to smudge:

    Then I used blue base (MUFE blue & turquoise flash color) on the edger of black on eyes, and then applied Sugarpill Royal Sugar over the blue base:

    I also applied Royal Sugar to cheeks, so they would go well with the eyes and look deeper too:

    Then I applied some sequins to the look (and I used basic lash glue to attach them):

    ..and same for the other side:

    I then just drew black thin line to my lips, so they would look kinda like teeth (I used black liquid eyeliner, because I didn't find my thin brush at that moment :D):

    Next I did both the web-thing to the forehead, as well as the chin- thingie. On forehead I just drew the lines with black pencil, and on chin I used again black, and blue&turquoise for "blending", and added sequins in the shape of a flower in the middle of it:


    Then I applied MAC Reflects Transparent Teal on the web- thingie, and again put sequins in the shape of a flower:

    Finally I added small black rhinestones in the middle of the "flowers", applied black liner to my waterline, added some mascara, and some random falsies (FE129 from kkcenter HK). Then I put on a wig and attached some flowers to it, and the look was done.

    If you're planning to do this look for halloween (or any other event) remember to also add white to your ears (if they are showing) and neck... I didn't, because I did this just for fun.






    PS.
    Guess what (or WHO) was on Illamasqua's newsletter?

    I almost went nuts, that's how honered and happy I was! <3

Total Pageviews